Graduates of class L-13 Biological Sciences, who are recognized as fully satisfying the curriculum requirements, can apply to the master degree course in Plant Science, provided they have completed a training course consistent with the indications of the National CBUI College and they have the appropriate certificate. The requirements include:
- 66 ECTS in biological areas (SSD bio), of which at least 6 in BIO/01 Botanica generale (General Botany), BIO/02 Botanica sistematica (Systematic Botany), BIO/04 Fisiologia Vegetale (Plant Physiology), BIO/05 Zoologia (Zoology), BIO/06 Anatomia comparata e citologia (Comparative Anatomy and Cytology) (at least 12), BIO/07 Ecologia (Ecology), BIO/09 Fisiologia (Physiology), BIO/10 Biochimica (Biochemistry), BIO/11 Biologia Molecolare (Molecular Biology), BIO/18 Genetica (Genetics), BIO/19 Microbiologia Generale (General Microbiology).
- 12 ECTS in FIS/01 - FIS/08 Fisica (Physics), INF/01 - Informatica (Informatics), ING-INF/05 - Sistemi di elaborazione delle informazioni (Information processing systems), MAT/01-MAT/09 Mathematics.
- 12 CFU in CHIM/01 - Chimica analitica (Analytical Chemistry), CHIM/02 - Chimica fisica (Physical Chemistry), CHIM/03 - Chimica generale e inorganica (General and Inorganic Chemistry), CHIM/06 - Chimica organica (Organic chemistry).
Other graduate students in the same class L-13, who have not followed a training course in line with the indications of the CBUI or in class 12 Biological Sciences (ex DM 509/99), or in other classes, may be admitted provided they have an adequate number of ECTS, not less than 90 ECTS, in the disciplinary sectors (SSD) mentioned above;
For the students graduated in the L-25 class, i.e. agricultural and forestry science and technology (scienze e tecnologie agrarie e forestali) and related classes, ECTS acquired in the following disciplinary sectors: AGR02 Agronomia e Coltivazioni erbacee (Agronomy and field crops), AGR03 Arboricoltura generale e coltivazioni arboree (Arboriculture and Fruitculture), AGR/07 - Genetica agraria (Agricultural genetics), AGR/12 - Patologia vegetale (Plant pathology), AGR/13 Chimica agraria (Agricultural chemistry), AGR/16 microbiologia agraria (Agricultural Microbiology), AGR/17 Zootecnica Generale e Miglioramento Genetico (Livestock systems, animal breeding and genetics), VET/01 Anatomia degli Animali Domestici (Veterinary anatomy), VET/02 Fisiologia Veterinaria (Veterinary physiology), will be also be considered for admission.
Students must be proficient in English, with a B2 level of competence. Applicants are required to certify their knowledge of the English language in one of the following ways:
- B2 level certification (vantage or upper intermediate, as defined by the Common European Framework of reference for Languages: Learning, Teaching, Assessment; recognised certifications.
- A B2 result in the placement test given by the University of Milan on 13 June 2019. Candidates who do not have a valid certificate at the application will be contacted by the course secretariat to take the English placement test.
Candidates who do not participate or do not pass the test will not be admitted to the Master. Only in exceptional cases, candidates may be accepted provided their level of English proficiency, assessed during the interview, is unmistakably very good.
The adequate personal preparation of the candidates, their ability to communicate in English and their motivation are decisive elements for the admission and they are going to be verified and tested during the admission interview.
Places available: 10 plus 3 reserved to extra UE students
Call for applications: how to do
Application period: from 05-10-2019 to 06-10-2019
Admission Test date and location: 20/06/2019 14:00
Enrolment period: from 06-24-2019 to 07-08-2019
The publication of the ranking list is postponed to 26 June
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
Students can also be entitled for tuition fee reductions such as:
- lowering for students who meet high merit requirements
- fixed amounts calculated on the basis of the student's citizenship group for those with income/property abroad
- support for students who have political refugee status.
More info at: Fees - current academic year
Scholarships and benefits
L’Ateneo fornisce inoltre una serie di agevolazioni economiche a favore dei propri studenti con requisiti particolari (merito, condizioni economiche o personali, studenti internazionali) come: