- 66 ECTS in biological areas (SSD bio), of which at least 6 in BIO/01 Botanica generale (General Botany), BIO/02 Botanica sistematica (Systematic Botany), BIO/04 Fisiologia Vegetale (Plant Physiology), BIO/05 Zoologia (Zoology), BIO/06 Anatomia comparata e citologia (Comparative Anatomy and Cytology) (at least 12), BIO/07 Ecologia (Ecology), BIO/09 Fisiologia (Physiology), BIO/10 Biochimica (Biochemistry), BIO/11 Biologia Molecolare (Molecular Biology), BIO/18 Genetica (Genetics), BIO/19 Microbiologia Generale (General Microbiology).
- 12 ECTS in FIS/01 - FIS/08 Fisica (Physics), INF/01 - Informatica (Informatics), ING-INF/05 - Sistemi di elaborazione delle informazioni (Information processing systems), MAT/01-MAT/09 Mathematics.
- 12 CFU in CHIM/01 - Chimica analitica (Analytical Chemistry), CHIM/02 - Chimica fisica (Physical Chemistry), CHIM/03 - Chimica generale e inorganica (General and Inorganic Chemistry), CHIM/06 - Chimica organica (Organic chemistry).
Other graduate students in the same class L-13, who have not followed a training course in line with the indications of the CBUI or in class 12 Biological Sciences (ex DM 509/99), or in other classes, may be admitted provided they have an adequate number of ECTS, not less than 90 ECTS, in the disciplinary sectors (SSD) mentioned above.
For students graduated in the L-25 class, i.e. agricultural and forestry science and technology (Scienze e Tecnologie Agrarie e Forestali) and related classes, ECTS acquired in the following disciplinary sectors: AGR02 Agronomia e Coltivazioni erbacee (Agronomy and field crops), AGR03 Arboricoltura generale e coltivazioni arboree (Arboriculture and Fruitculture), AGR/07 - Genetica agraria (Agricultural genetics), AGR/12 Patologia vegetale (Plant pathology), AGR/13 - Chimica agraria (Agricultural chemistry), AGR/16 microbiologia agraria (Agricultural Microbiology), AGR/17 Zootecnica Generale e Miglioramento Genetico (Livestock systems, animal breeding and genetics), VET/01 Anatomia degli Animali Domestici (Veterinary anatomy), VET/02 Fisiologia Veterinaria (Veterinary physiology), will also be considered for admission.
Proficiency in English at a B2 level or higher, under the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR), is required for admission. The B2-level requirement will be ascertained as follows:
- Language certificate at or above B2, obtained no more than three years earlier. For the list of language certificates recognized by the University please review: https://www.unimi.it/it/studiare/competenze-linguistiche/placement-test…). The certificate must be uploaded when submitting the online application;
- English level achieved during a Bachelor's degree programme through the University Language Centre (SLAM) courses and tests. The test must have been passed within the last four years. It will be assessed administratively, without the applicant having to attach any certificates;
- Placement Test delivered by the University Language Centre (SLAM), which will take place according to the schedule posted to the website: https://www.unimi.it/it/studiare/competenze-linguistiche/placement-test…
All those who fail to submit a valid certificate or do not meet the required proficiency level will be invited to take the test through the admission procedure. Candidates who do not sit or pass the placement test will have until 31 December 2022 to obtain and submit a recognized certificate to SLAM. Students who do not meet the requirement by 31 December will not be admitted to the Master's degree programme and may not sit further tests.
Candidates may be also accepted provided their level of English proficiency is unmistakably good. The adequate personal preparation of the candidates, their ability to communicate in English and their motivation are decisive elements for the admission and they are going to be tested during the admission interview.
The adequate knowledge of the fundamentals of biological disciplines will be verified through the evaluation of the bachelor study program and the direct assessment of the candidate scientific background knowledge. The candidate's background knowledge in Biology will be verified by an interview with the Commission for Admittance, composed by teaching members appointed by the Teaching Board. The interview will evaluate the expertise of the candidate in topics related to Plant Science and will ascertain the knowledge of the English language.
The committee evaluates the candidate on a 100-point scale:
- up to 25 points will be given for the graduation grade; for undergraduates the average grade of the sustained teaching activities will be evaluated;
- up to 10 points for the curriculum (type of degree, extra-curriculum free courses, Erasmus experience, etc.);
- up to 65 points for the interview.
To be admitted a minimum total score of 60 out of 100 points is required.
For the Academic Year 2022-2023, interviews will take place on June 22nd, 2022 at the Department of Biosciences, Via Celoria 26, room B8. See the 2022-2023 call for applications for detailed instructions (https://www.unimi.it/en/education/plant-science). Students must have a valid ID card for identification. Foreign applicants who are not resident in Italy and have achieved their bachelor's degree abroad will be evaluated based on their curriculum and may be invited to an online interview.
It is advisable to check for any possible updates concerning dates and times of the examination on the https://plantscience.cdl.unimi.it website or by writing to the Master's course email email@example.com.
After admission, registration to both universities (UNIMI and UGA) is required, but tuition fees are due only to the home institution. Specific programme fees covering programme management may be asked at UGA.
Places available: 10 + 3 reserved for non-EU citizens
Call for applications
Please refer to the call for admission test dates and contents, and how to register.
Application for admission: from 30/03/2022 to 10/06/2022
Admission test date and venue: 22/06/2022 - DIP. DI BIOSCIENZE, VIA CELORIA 26, room b8
Application for matriculation: from 29/06/2022 to 07/07/2022
Attachments and documents
The deadline for submitting the application for admission of non-EU students resident abroad has been extended to 10 June 2022.
For students enrolled on bachelor’s, master’s and single cycle degree programmes are divided into two instalments of different amounts and with different payment deadlines:
- the first, corresponding to the minimum amount, is the same for all students
- the second - technically referred to as an ‘all-inclusive fee’- that is variable.
The University provides:
- A no tax area for students on track with exams and not on track with exams for one year with ISEE certification until 20.000 €.
- Fees exemption on account of merit, income or disability, or if they meet other specific requirements;
- Concessions for students meeting high merit requirements;
- Diversified tuition fees according to the student's home country for international students with assets/income abroad;
The University also provides:
- Part-time study
- Financial aid, refectory service, accommodation,
- Awards and scholarships
Admission, ranking and enrolment
- Registrar office - contacts
- Online information desk InformaStudenti (please register for the first access)
- International students: welcome desk
- Students with disabilities
- Students with SLD
Programme tutoring and contacts